Legend-WAITFORIT-ary!

Created by MyFitnessPal - Free Calorie Counter

Saturday, June 21, 2014

So my body has terrible taste

But we knew that already. My current irritant point is the fact that a nice, decent person can ask me out, but if I'm not attracted to them, there's not a thing I can do about that.

Hate.

I had a decent human being, a legitimately nice guy, a friend, ask me out, today. I had to tell him I didn't feel that way. It was surprisingly easy, I remained confident throughout the conversation.

Many points to him on this. It was asked in a nice, non-pressuring way, and when I rejected him he was good-natured about it and made it easy.

I hope he's not hurt. I like having him as a friend. Hell, someday I might feel differently. Although I think if I were to develop feelings, I'd have done so already. I'm not going to hold my breath and wait on that though.

In my experience, forging ahead and hoping feelings happen is a bad call. Remember "good guy". I never had strong feelings of any kind for him. Dating him at all was unfair to both of us.

But it would sure be nice if my psyche was attracted to nice guys instead of violent/strong guys. Couldn't the two eventually combine?

But then he doesn't exist or he's taken by a more deserving woman (more deserving woman: see: vanilla Jesus slut).

You know what? It's still nice to feel wanted. I'll give it that. But needing to be wanted is a slippery slope. Example: ex wants me to come swimming tomorrow. I know that guy doesn't like to swim.

I. Hate. Everything. Except for my dog. And my friends. And my job. Heh. I guess it's just not that bad.

No comments:

Post a Comment