Legend-WAITFORIT-ary!

Created by MyFitnessPal - Free Calorie Counter

Monday, June 16, 2014

Clarity

Here it is. That bright moment of clarity at the end of everything you've come through in this life.
All of the sudden it doesn't matter if they know who I am. I want them to know who I am. that I'm honestgoth? Yes. That I'm a freak with a broken psyche? Yes. That I'm still kind of a pseudo Christian? Yes!
I don't want to be afraid of my friends and my family. They know who I am. They just haven't seen it all. It's time that I just laid it out for them all to see. I'm not hiding anymore.

I don't really remember the first five years of my life. I hear that they're supposed to be really influential. I hear that if you go through trauma during that time, you can get pretty messed up. You'll be a fucked up adult. From what my mother tells me, there was a lot of hazing by my peers. Kids are cruel. More so I think at Christian school. They already think they're right about everything even though they're not sure what that is yet. Christianity, already ruining lives.

Do not misunderstand me. I have not abandoned my god. I've just abandoned my faith.
To be fair, that faith was in humanity and it was unwisely placed. I didn't know any better. How could I have? It's how I was raised.

I don't resent my parents for this. They're good Christians. They always seek out the churches that are doing the right thing for their communities. Feeding the homeless, caring for people in need, doing good!

But the institution the Bible is based on is rotten to the core. The Bible is a book that condones genocide. Nay encourages it. Where are the Amalekites now?

Not so funny when it almost happened to the Jews, was it?

That book is built to control human beings. It is full of evil and stories of the victors. And we all know that the good guys don't always win, right? Christ never spoke of a god so evil as the one we see in the Old Testament. Hell even Sunday School skirted over the bad bits, showing our malleable minds a good God, a loving God.

Not bothering to show us the evil in the other chapters.

The book was written by tons of different people over hundreds of different years. Excuse me if I don't believe every word. I don't believe every word in the history books! And we had reliable witnesses for those.

I'm sorry. This topic makes me very angry. And hurt. I feel betrayed.

I feel bad for my family. They've been nothing but good people. They have never done me wrong. But the closer I look at my faith the harder it is to believe in it.

I'm getting ahead of myself, anyway. Back to the first 5 years of life.

There was bullying. I was a stupid little kid. I'm not denying that. I was babyish, and kids found me weird. They didn't want to hang out with me.

Why should they have?

I was busy living with all the people inside my head. With them I could make myself understood and they understood me. I was daydreaming though. I still am. I still have a hard time understanding other people and finding other people that understand me.

Oh they're out there. It's just that they're rare. People from my writing group. Some of the people at my work. Maybe it's just that I need to spend enough time with people to warm up to them. I know people that leave parties with new friends. This has never, ever happened to me. I envy them so much.

I fondly compare my method of making friends to Stockholm Syndrome. If they spend enough time with me, they'll be my friend eventually, whether they like it or not. Obviously I don't take interest in everyone that I meet. But there's so many interesting people out there. Maybe I just run into more of them working in pizza.

When it comes to romance, I'm pretty much screwed. And that's figuratively screwed, not literally.
You think I'm bad at making friends? You see how bad I am at men. You have seen all the horrifying stories of my love life. The overly descriptive experiences of my first sex. With a bad person that made me feel forced and hurt me and wouldn't stop when I begged him to. You know about how I went back to him just so I would know that sex didn't have to hurt.

The relationship that was abusive and lasted for too long. I was so naive for so long. I let him hit me. I'm so sorry, to all the women out there. I let that happen to me. I made it seem like it was okay the moment I didn't leave him, kick him out, or call the cops. I'm so sorry.

To all the other battered women out there, I'm sorry. Next time I promise I'll leave him. I'll never let anyone hit me again. I will make life a living hell on any man that thinks its okay to fly off the handle and hit his girl.
They should never have to ask for forgiveness for something like that. They don't deserve it. They deserve to be social pariahs. The problem is that they're fucking sociopaths and they're pretty good at making people feel sorry for them.

I'd like to think that I'll get it right next time. But I'm afraid of next time. I know I don't want to sleep with anybody anytime soon because I'm afraid that I'll get stuck to them like I've gotten stuck to monsters before.

My heart is a helpless slave to my vagina. Its not a good thing. But it's fairly normal. That's why I've only slept with a couple people. Well that and my crippling social anxieties...

But I now know that I'm not going to find a Christian guy. I'd be short selling him, and he'd be short selling me. It wouldn't be fair to either of us.

Someone with an open mind and a good heart? It sounds good. Someone possibly  as broken is me but still handling themselves? Dealing with their anxieties instead of falling apart. I don't know. But I don't want my crippling fear to keep me from finding him. I have to get myself out there and I'm afraid to do it. I hate being like this. Every romantic experience I have had has made it harder and harder to get myself out there. Even as I continue to find out who I am. To become the person I want to be.

I'm terrified of letting myself love, because I don't trust my own goddamn judgement. I'm afraid I'll fall head over heels for another fucking sociopath. I have to learn to tell myself no when everyone is saying 'it looks bad, man'.

Of course my mother's judgment is going to be a little skewed. She really wanted a Christian guy for me. Hopefully she'll be able to look past that and see if someone is good for me. I need my friends and my family to help me judge the people that I love. Not to say that I have a whole lot of options but I like to be prepared.

I'm going to post this. People will be able to see the older posts. This blog is where all the trash goes. The things I was afraid to talk to people about. Things I was most ashamed of my life. I didn't want to have to be ashamed of them so I wrote them down.

I swear, I talk about sex and other bodily functions, in uncomfortable detail, even nasty things like periods and weight loss regiments. I talk about the most horrifying things that I like, and I display a lot of anger. I may still go back and privatize some posts.

Remember that we all have secrets. We're all messed up on some level. This is just all of my mess out in the open.

I love you guys.

No comments:

Post a Comment