Legend-WAITFORIT-ary!

Created by MyFitnessPal - Free Calorie Counter

Friday, April 2, 2010

Pot Brownies

Every workplace has at least one anal, uptight worker. Mine is no different. This coworker of mine has told me off many times. She has wire spectacles which make her glares all the more severe. She doesn't smile very often. I'm always nervous working with her because I don't want to get told off again.

For the longest time I hated her. Avoided her. Checked to see which days I was working with her so I could mentally prepare myself. After a while I grew to accept her anal-ness, and always greeted her with a smile. On occasion she returns it. Still. Pretty anal.

Today my whole opinion of her changed.

I made brownies (vegan brownies) last night JUST so I could lick the batter off the spoon. The batter was delicious, but at the end of the night I had a batch of delicious brownies that I didn't really feel like eating.

So I took them to work. I like feeding my coworkers. It makes them like me better, and I feel like my chances of getting fired or laid off are much less when the boss likes my cookies. (heh. no, not THOSE cookies. The delicious peanut butter/potato chip cookies. (DON'T JUDGE until you have TASTED!))

Anyway, my anal coworker asked if there was pot in the brownies. Come again? But the best was yet to come.

I laughed (nervously. like I said she makes me nervous) and assured her there was no pot in the brownies. Then she regaled me with a tale from her youth.

When she was a young twenty-something, she had several up-tight, prudish older women for coworkers. And one day she baked them brownies. With pot in them. They just loooved those brownies, she said. And had no idea they were high. "It was so funny!" she told me.

My mouth hung agape for a while before I started laughing. If I were like her at that age, she'd be the uptight coworker I'd feed pot to.

And the world will never be the same to me, and I will never look at her the same way again. She is now the most awesome person I know.

No comments:

Post a Comment